Thursday 26 March 2009

What's the plan Stan?


Its 2009... Vacation over. Holidays over. So now the journey can begin...

The plan when I took this time off was to learn some new skills, experience some new environments, make some new friends and generally free my mind to decide on my future direction... 

When I told people I was taking a year off their initial assumption was that I would  travel... and trust me, for me also that was the natural path to follow. Find some extreme areas of the planet that would challenge my mind, freak me out, scare me into reality. Well, thats not how i was feeling in January, the last thing I needed was instability and the unknown. What I needed was a nice mix of the familiar... my first plan was not to travel to deepest darkest Peru... but to head to Seattle to spend 8 weeks living in an apartment, in a neighbour hood.. LIVING life in a new place, with my good friend Lora. 

Lora also had some free time while she was between jobs, so the timing seemed perfect. I headed to Seattle in January with a list of things I wanted to achieve...

1, Learn to Snowboard
2, Teach myself to better use my camera
3, Resume Kickboxing lessons
4, Road Trip nearby states (visit Vancouver etc)
5, Just live life at a new pace!

The apartment was perfect (apart from a cat incident), the neighbour hood offered everything I needed. The Plan was a perfect one...

No comments: